*Please note: this role requires having a solid knowledge base about pitching, hitting and S&C, while also having experience playing baseball at the high school level or higher
The quick details
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Salary: Based on Experience
- Benefits: Relocation Bonus
- Position Status: Full Time
- Start date: ASAP
- Hours: 40-50 hours per week
About the role
We’re a growing baseball development company looking for a creative, baseball-loving Content Specialist to elevate our marketing game.
In this role, you’ll work with our coaches to create engaging, platform-relevant content and share it across our social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok).
Every day, you’ll get exposure to our athletes and will use your camera & video editing skills to capture the environment of the gym, tell athlete stories, educate our audience, and continue our push to make Optimal Power Performance a household name.
This is the perfect fit for someone early in their career with experience working a camera, using video editing software (iMovie, Final Cut, Premiere Pro, etc.), and building audiences on social media.
You’ll be trusted to manage a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Content production (filming, editing, production, and upload)
- Filming YouTube videos (long format)
- Filming IG/TikTok/Youtube Videos (short format)
- Social media strategy & analytics
- Filming in-house content
- Producing Feature Films
- Taking and editing professional photos
- Assisting in other projects & tasks as assigned
What We’re Looking For
- Communication skills that scale beyond being nice. We need someone with ideas willing to share, willing to take risks, and most of all willing to engage with our athletes and staff to produce amazing content. If you’re not willing to speak up, take creative risks and voice your opinions, this probably isn’t the place for you.
- Speed is king. We are looking for high value, high quality content created in a short amount of time.
- A baseball background. We are looking for a content specialist who played baseball at the high school level or higher, has pitching, hitting, and S&C knowledge, and has kept up with developments in the baseball training space. This is critical to be able to assist with producing, brainstorming and editing niche baseball content.
- Experience in content production. We can give you access to premier pro if you do not already have a specific software that you currently use. Experience editing on some kind of video editing software is needed.
- Understanding social media and how to communicate effectively on each platform (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter) will make the content you produce stand out.
- Willing to fail forward. In this role, you will have to learn as you go. You will need to constantly try to improve each piece of content you produce, how it resonates with our audience and how it performs analytically. This is a game that never has a clear winner or ending. We need someone obsessed with playing the game. Someone who understands that while playing this game, you will make mistakes. Those mistakes are essential for growth, as long as you learn from them. Someone who understands that as long as we stay in the game, we can’t lose. If you’re the type of person to get discouraged quickly and have self pity, this most likely isn’t the culture for you.
- Strong organizational skills. As you grow in your role, you’ll have multiple projects running alongside each other on different timelines. Your ability to prioritize & get things done in time will be essential. If your to-do lists have to-do lists, you’ll be a great fit.
If you can do those things well, it sounds like you might’ve found the role you’ve been looking for.
OPP started out as an experiment in 2015 for the founder’s personal baseball career. This experiment turned into a player development laboratory for baseball players who are obsessed with improvement.
Since 2015 we have worked with over 2,000 athletes and have begun to solidify our mark in the baseball development space as the last REAL and innovative baseball facility in the industry. In 2018 we opened our first training facility in Tempe AZ. After a few short years there we outgrew the space and decided it was time to upgrade to our state of the art 6,500 Sq ft facility in Phoenix AZ. We also have a location in Kirkland WA.
We have a unique culture at OPP that requires our team members to have an intra-entrepreneur mentality. Someone with a tremendous work ethic who has the motivation to accomplish their personal career goals and aspirations within our company. Someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously yet possesses the ability to lead a room and take massive action.